NIHR CLAHRC North Thames is a partnership between universities, health organisations and others which have come together to conduct ground breaking research that will have a direct impact on the health of patients with long term conditions and on the health of the public.
The program is a collaboration of 54 partners, including world leading universities, the NHS, UCLPartners, local authorities, patients, the public, industry and charities. The aim is to improve health outcomes and reduce inequalities through world class applied health research in five themes:
- Empowering mental health service users and families
- Innovations in systems and models of health and health care
- Optimising Behaviour and Engagement with Care
- Methodological Innovation
- Child and Adolescent Health
*With Patient and Public Involvement in research as a cross-cutting theme
The partnership will also feature an Academy, which will build capacity across the whole CLAHRC community both to co-produce research and to apply its outputs on the frontline.